Information Collected Automatically
In addition, information about your computer hardware and software is automatically collected by AdirA when you use the Sites. This information may include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, geographic location, referring website addresses and other technical information such as protocol status and substatus, bytes sent and received, and server information. We may also collect information about how you interact with the Sites. This information is used by AdirA for the operation and improvement of the Sites, for technical troubleshooting, to maintain quality of the Sites, to customize the experience of our users, to help offer products and services of interest to our users, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Sites.
Cookies and Other Information Collection Tools
What are cookies? A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website or use an online service. When you visit the website use the service again, the cookie allows that website or online service to recognize your browser or device. Cookies may store unique identifiers, user preferences and other information.
How do I control cookies? Web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to manage and delete cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Some web browsers provide settings that allow a user to reject cookies or to alert a user when a cookie is placed on the user’s computer, tablet or mobile device. Most mobile devices also offer settings to reject mobile device identifiers. Although users are not required to accept cookies or mobile device identifiers, blocking or rejecting them may prevent access to some features available through the Sites.
How Information is Used
We may use the information we collect for any of the following purposes:
- to provide the Sites to you and to improve the Sites, including to provide personalized recommendations on health topics of interest to you;
- to provide you with information about programs, goods or services offered by third parties that may be appropriate or of interest to you;
- to create reports consisting of aggregated, de-identified information that identify trends, decision patterns, patterns in user journeys and provide other statistical information;
- to give each user a more consistent and personalized experience when interacting with us;
- for customer service, security, to detect fraud or illegal activities, and for archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of the Sites;
- for research and analysis purposes; and
- to communicate with you.
Sharing of Information
- Third Party Service Providers Performing Services on Our Behalf. We share your personal information with our service providers to perform the functions for which we engage them. For example, we may use third parties to host the Sites or assist us in providing functionality on the Sites, provide data analysis and research services, to send out email updates about the Sites, provide marketing and advertising services for us or our sponsors, remove repetitive information from our user lists.
- With our Partners. We may share your personal information with our partners to help provide you with programs and services that you have shown in interest in.
- With Our Project Sponsors. We may de-identify your personal information and aggregate it with the de-identified personal information of other users to create reports consisting of aggregated, de-identified information that identify trends, decision patterns, patterns in user journeys and provide other statistical information. We may share those reports with our project sponsors and customers.
- For Legal Purposes. We also may share information that we collect from users as needed to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We will disclose personal information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process. We may also share personal information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
- Changes of Control. We may transfer information, including your personal information, in connection with a change of ownership or control by or of us or any affiliated entity (in each case whether in whole or in part).
AdirA does not share your information with third parties for those third parties’ marketing purposes.
Security Used & Retention of Personal Information
AdirA uses reasonable security measures designed to prevent unauthorized intrusion to the Sites and the alteration, acquisition or misuse of personal information, however, we will not be responsible for loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition or misuse of personal information that you provide through the Sites that is stored by us, or for any damages resulting from such loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition or misuse. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information.
AdirA will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required by applicable laws or regulation, or until you request that we delete it. You may modify your information by visiting your user profile. You may also request that it AdirA delete the information associated with your account by emailing us at email@example.com. Copies of information that you have updated, modified, or deleted will remain in our systems if applicable law requires us to retain it.
Links to External Websites
Do Not Track
AdirA does not track its customers over time and across third party websites and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track signals at this time. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from any person under the age of thirteen. No parts of our Sites are directed to or designed to attract anyone under the age of thirteen.
Questions and Changes in Information
Notification of Changes